Below is a list of some of the activities of Hiss Church that are making a difference in our community. If you can give a couple of hours a week. a month, or year to serve in any of these projects, please call the church office at 410-668-5665 of email the church at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Local Homeless Breakfast Program: MANNA HOUSE NEEDS YOUR HELP:
- Please join in the joy that Manna House is now open and serving the less fortunate seven days per week! Manna House is now offering a hot meal everyday from 8:00 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. Monday through Sunday. If you or anyone you know is available and willing to help serve breakfast any day of the week, please do not hesitate to contact Manna House ,410-889-3001. Manna House, Inc. 435 E. 25th Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21218
Below is a list of some of the activities of Hiss Church that are making a difference in our community. If you can give a couple of hours a week. a month, o
For more information about serving at Manna House, contact Donna Robinson.
Communion Offering - Good Samaritan Fund:
- When communion is celebrated at Hiss, offering plates are set up at the front of the sanctuary to receive your gifts for the needy in our own local community. These gifts are passed on to the St. Vincent de Paul society of St. Ursula's Roman Catholic Church, where they are used to provide real, tangible help to our neighbors in need. This includes helping people pay electric bills, buy food and clothing, avoid eviction, and so forth.
- Clothing Donations for Local Programs: Clothing donations may be placed in the container on the parking lot at St. Ursula's church to be processed and taken to local shelters.
- BALTIMORE COUNTY EASTSIDE SHELTER
Community Help Needed at the Eastside Shelter on Franklin Square Drive
There are always needs at the shelter which can house up to 250 men, women and children. Are you interested in helping? Check out the list of needs at the shelter.
- Food for the Homeless:
- Hiss is partnering with St Ursula Church/St. Vincent DePaul and the Christus Victor Food Pantry to provide non-perishable food items to the homeless locally. The Food Pantry operates all year and accepts donations continuously. Donations may be put in the baskets in Room #105 or in the narthex/lobby. Canned meats, stews, beans; canned fruits, vegetables, juice packs, crackers, etc. are all acceptable. Why not make it a habit to throw a few extras in your weekly grocery order, and bring them with you on Sunday? Hiss Pantry is not open to the public. All items are delivered to St. Ursula and Christus Victor, , both in Parkville/Carney to be distributed through their food pantries. Thank you.
- Baltimore County Christian Workcamp:
- In July, a one week work experience, completing home repairs or yard work at homes in our own community.
- The United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR) (Local and global community )
- UMCOR is often one of the first groups to respond when disasters strike throughout the world. Designated gift may always be made to UMCOR in response to national or International needs. As always, 100% of gifts to UMCOR go directly to support the project you choose. You may give directly through the UMCOR website at www.umcor.org or you may give through Hiss Church. If you give through Hiss, please be sure to clearly indicate on your check or envelope where you would like your gift to be sent. IIt helps a lot if you look up the code number for the specific need on the UMCOR website and write that number on your check. You may also make undesignated gifts to UMCOR at any time, and they will be used where they are most needed around the world. Click here to make a donation for natural disasters within the United States.
VOLUNTEER IN MISSION PROJECT
Donations are now being accepted.
Click the link for the list of supplies needed. SUPPLY LISTS. This is an ongoing projects. Supplies may be brought into the church any time between now and the end of the year.